Job Title: Truck Driver/Donation Pick-ups
Reports To: Donations Supervisor
Job Function: Serves as an ambassador for the ReStore to provide quality customer service to donors and shoppers. Goes out to make donation pick-ups and loads and unloads the tuck. Prepares merchandise for the sales floor and helps customers with loading purchases.
- Drive truck in a safe manner to pick up donated goods, organizing pick-ups by location.
- Screen product for quality and ability to sell.
- Load and unload truck in a safe and damage-free manner.
- Work with volunteers to make their experience meaningful.
- Return donor calls when necessary.
- Maintain excellent customer service in regard to donors and shoppers.
- Maintain accurate records of donor contacts and donations.
- Maintain the interior of the truck (front and back) in a neat and clean fashion.
- Assist in stocking the store as directed and in maintaining a safe and orderly receiving area.
- Assist in testing merchandise as needed.
- Assist in cleaning and arranging merchandise.
- Assist customers in loading purchased merchandise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent donor/customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
- Must have experience in truck driving.
- Able to lift 50lbs. and be on your feet for 6-7 hours per day.
Critical Performance Outcomes:
- Maintaining excellent customer service.
- Meeting all pick-up schedules.
- Ensuring safe operation of truck.
- Accepting only saleable merchandise.