If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please click here, complete the form, and be sure to attend our volunteer orientation that is held the second Saturday of every month at 10:00 am at 616 Parris Island Gateway!
Volunteer opportunities exist in every area of our affiliate’s operation – there is a need for all types of abilities and skill levels.
Although most people think immediately of construction when they think of Habitat for Humanity, we also need volunteers in our ReStore, in the office and to serve on various committees. We also look for individuals who can help train our partner families on topics such as finance and budgeting, legal issues, home maintenance and more.
Wondering how you might be able to help?
1. Pray for our families, our Board, our committees, our volunteers, our staff and our ministry!
2. Assist with vounteer recruitment
3. Help with volunteer recognition activities
4. Help build new houses
5. Coordinate jobsite safety program
6. Teach others various aspects of home construction
7. Plan special events
8. Help with donor recognition activities
9. Help plan and develop fundraising activies
10. Help pick up donations
11. Assist with deconstruction projects
12. Serve as a cashier or customer service representative
13. Schedule pick-ups
14. Donate bulding materials, furniture, books, etc.
15. Research merchandising options
16. Coodinate and/or teach a family training session
17. Serve as a family partner
18. Help in the selection of a family
19. Make a donation of any size
20. Donate items to our silent auctions
The first step to becoming a volunteer with LowCountry Habitat is to attend an orientation session. Monthly orientations are held at the Habitat office, located at 616 Parris Island Gateway, Beaufort, on the 2nd Saturday of each month at 10am.They usually last about an hour.